GST Registration & Procedure
- Every taxpayer should get registered within 30 days of becoming liable for registration however for casual tax payer and non-resident they must get registered within 5 days prior to the commencement of business.
- Taxpayers having single PAN have business in different state have to take registration each state, however if any person have vertical business in same state then he may opt for different registration.
- The threshold limit for the taxability is whose turnover exceeds Rs. 20 Lakhs and Rs.10 Lakhs for north east state.
- These are the list of compulsory registration :
Persons making any inter-state taxable supply
Casual taxable persons
Person who are required to pay tax on reverse charge basis
Non-resident taxable persons
Person who are required to deduct tax under sec 37
Persons who supply goods or services on behalf of other registered taxable person whether as an agent or otherwise
Input service distributor
Person who supply goods or services other than branded services, through electronic commerce operator
Every electronic commerce operator
An aggregator who supplies services under his brand name or his trade name
Such other person or class of persons as may be notified by the central Govt. or a state Govt. on the recommendation of the council.
GST Registration Procedure
- Paperless procedure: The whole system of enrollment will be paperless; hence, no hard copies shall be entertained by the department. Further, all the aforesaid registered taxpayers will need to visit the GST system portal.
Further, it is mandatory for every person to register if the annual turnover is more than Rs 20 lakh, the exemption limit.
- Provisional ID and password: Before visiting the GST system portal, you must have the provisional ID and password given to you by your concerned state authorities. Contact your ward officer to complete the online pre-registration under GST.
Provisional ID received from State/ Central Authorities
Password received from the State/ Central Authorities
Valid E-mail Address
Valid Mobile Number
Bank Account Number
Proof of Constitution of Business
Photograph of Promoters/ Partners/ Karta of HUF
Proof of Appointment of Authorized Signatory
Photograph of Authorized Signatory
Copy of Bank Statement
- Note: If the information and the provided documents are found in order, then authorities shall approve and grant registration within three common working days, if not so then the authorities will communicate deficiency to the applicants. In case no deficiency is communicating within three common working days then registration shall deemed to be granted and the portal will automatically generated.
Single registration instead of multiple registration
Small taxpayers are not liable to get registered
PAN based registration
GST is Fully Online without any Manual Intervention
Get In Touch