ISI mark is a certification mark for industrial products in India. The mark certifies that a product confirms to the Indian Standard, mentioned as IS:xxxx on top of the mark, developed by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the national standards body of India. The ISI mark is by far the most recognized certification mark in the Indian subcontinent. The name ISI is an abbreviation of Indian Standards Institute, the former name of the Bureau of Indian Standards. The ISI mark is mandatory for certifying products to be sold in India, like many of the electrical appliances.
Self-certified copy of any one of following documents establishing the Firm:
- Registration with State Government Authority/ Trade License OR
- Certificate of Registration issued by Company Registrar OR
- Registered Partnership Deed in case applicant is a Partnership Firm OR
- Certificate from a Chartered Accountant if applicant is a Proprietorship firm.
Self-certified copy of any one of following documents authenticating the Firm's Premises (not older than 3 months):
- Registration with State Government Authority/ Trade Licenses OR
- Sales Tax/ VAT registration OR
- Income Tax Assessment Order OR
- Insurance Policy OR
- Property tax receipt OR
- Rent agreement with last rent receipt OR Sale/ Lease Deed agreement OR
- Electricity Bill OR
- Telephone Bill OR
- Water Bill OR
- Gas connection OR
- Bank Statement/Pass Book containing the address of the sales outlet.
Any one of following documents as identity proof of signatory on the Application:
- Aadhar Card OR
- Driving License OR
- PAN card OR
- Voter Identity card OR
- Passport OR
- Photo Bank ATM card OR
- Photo Credit card OR
- CGHS/ECHS photo card
- Arms license OR
- Identity Certificate with photo issued by Gazetted Officer on official letterhead OR
- Disability ID card/ Handicapped Medical Certificate issued by State Govts OR
- Freedom Fighter photo card OR
- Pensioner photo card OR
- Ration/PDS photo pard OR
- Photo ID issued by recognized educational institution OR
- Kissan Photo Passbook OR
The additional documentation required to be submitted with the application are as follows:
- Agreement on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs 100/- in the prescribed format.
- Location map of premises from some nearest prominent landmark (illustrative Only).